Two Prayer Requests for everyone from Pope Francis:
- March 25, 6 am praying of Our Father
Pope Francis has called on all Christian leaders and every Christian community around the world to recite the Our Father in union with him at noon [6 am local time] on Wednesday, the Feast of the Annunciation, as “humanity trembles at the threat” of the coronavirus pandemic “in these days of trial.”
Addressing the faithful through the media from the apostolic palace after reciting the Angelus, March 22, the Pope said that as the prayer will take place “on the day when many Christians remember the annunciation to the Virgin Mary of the Incarnation of the Word, may the Lord hear the unanimous prayer of all his disciples preparing to celebrate the victory of the Risen Christ.”
- URBI et ORBI Blessing: Friday, March 27, 12 Noon; plenary indulgence
In this time of emergency for humanity, the Holy Father Francis invites Catholics from all over the world to join spiritually in prayer with him next Friday March 27th at 18.00. [12 noon, local time]
The ceremony will consist in readings from the Scriptures, prayers of supplication, and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament; and will conclude with Pope Francis giving the Urbi et orbi Blessing, with the possibility of gaining a plenary indulgence for all those who listen to it live through the various forms of communication.
All those who spiritually join this moment of prayer through the media will be granted the plenary indulgence according to the conditions provided for in the recent decree of the Apostolic Penitentiary.
- Parish Office: In response to the second amended order: 20-01, the Parish Office is closed; we are available by phone at 816-436-0880.
- Funerals and Baptisms: will be celebrated via private ceremony, with asymptomatic immediate family and godparents.
- Weddings:All weddings are to be postponed or rescheduled until at least April 24.
- Faith Formation:All St. Charles Borromeo Parish faith formation classes are suspended.
- Food Pantry: The St. Charles Food Pantry will continue operations via drive-up procedures.
- K of C Black Light Bingo: Postponed
- SCB Garage Sale:Drop off dates are postponed
- Troop 180 Pancake Breakfast: Rescheduled to May 17, 2020.
Updates from the Diocese of Kansas City - St. Joseph may be found HERE.
March 17, 2020
- Public Masses at St. Charles Borromeo are suspended until April 3rd.
- Beginning Friday, March 20th, there will be a secure drop box in front of the Parish Office for all weekly Mass offerings and envelopes, or online giving is available HERE or you may click the button below.
- Adoration will take place on Wednesdays, 2:30 PM - 6:30 PM, as long as people honor the social distancing regulations.
- Funerals and Baptisms will be celebrated via private ceremony, with asymptomatic immediate family and godparents.
- The Fish Fry scheduled for Friday, March 27th is postponed.
- The annual SCB St. Joseph Table is postponed.
- All SCB faith formation classes are suspended until April 3rd.
- The St. Charles Food Pantry will continue operations via drive up to limit personal contact.
- SCB Garage Sale drop off will proceed as scheduled beginning Saturday, April 4th.
- K of C Black Light Bingo is postponed.
- Troop 180 Pancake Breakfast has been rescheduled for May 17, 2020.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this situation. We will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available. Should you have further questions or concerns, please contact the Parish Office during normal business hours, at 816-436-0880.